Thursday, July 16, 2020

Boker+ Urban Trapper + Green Thorn Mouse 3 (Slysz design)

Böker Plus Urban Trapper -  bronze anodized handle and clip, polished G10






In comparison with the Green Thorn Slysz Mouse 3, my workday edc knife








I've bought the Urban Trapper used with a broken off clip, a scratched blade and gritty action due to strpped screws.

Böker sent me the clip and a set of screws for free, even postage was free, what a great service!
Until it came I made a filler tab from the smaller piece but I doubt I will cann the knife without the clip.

After polishing the G10 is looking really great, still I'll try to make some Scottish scales for it ;)


The rags are prepared, now I hope my friend can vaccuum laminate it for me.






I'm not sure if I'll polish the blade to get rid of the scratches, the lasered logo has such a nice bronze tint and even changes its color in different angles that I'm scared to damage that by polishing.

I also have no clue if I'll anodize the GT Mouse. I tried on some pieces to get an entropic anodizing finish and I seem to head in the right direction but it needs a very specific temperature and a fast quenching to look good.
I guess I'll stick with the orange peel surface, that's something I can reproduce.

No comments:

Post a Comment