Saturday, March 24, 2018

Sanrenmu 7129 "Chinese Dragon"


Somehow the handrubbed surface of the Sanrenmu 7129 didn't appeal to me but I like this knife too much to just put it in the drawer. Sanding and stonewashing makes it a lot nicer and I must admit, I like the dragon.

I'd say it's stamped as it's definitely not lasered or etched, the surface is too smooth for that. 
I'd really like to see the scales before they sand them in the company.

The only thing I don't like is the stock thumb studs. They are too big and catch the seam of my jeans when I take it out so I had to make them smaller.




I decided to make some carbon fiber scales. The material was a wheel cover on a wheelchair that I got from my co-worker at our company. The long holes were in it to fix the plate onto the wheelchair.





And this is the little Sanrenmu 7129 as I got it



You can google for better pictures but I think it's looking much better on the seller's pictures than in real life.
Don't get me wrong, I really like this little fella and I wish they made a bigger version of it.

There is the Ruike P801 which would qualify for that but I don't like the blue hardware and the deep carry clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment