Saturday, March 10, 2018

Sanrenmu 9055

So I nearly finished my Sanrenmu 9055

I've changed nearly everything on it, the blade has less belly and recurve, the liners are a bit narrower and rounded at the pivot area

Also I've made some blackwood carbon fiber scales and clip for it. The clip has a 3/16" steel ball with a glowing ring on top, the carbon fiber backspacer is free floating and glowing on the inside

The backspacer needs a hole to hold the lanyard with a gitd bead. Maybe I'll also put a drop of gitd epoxy on the backside of the thumb stud

I'm glad for every comment as long as it's constructive


First standard cf clip and full backspacer



Sanded down "free floating" backspacer filled up with glowing epoxy
 




New blackwood cf clip


And some mediocre night shots ;)


9 comments:

  1. Excellent job!
    Although I wouldn't have altered the blade profile. That's was the selling point for me in this folder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      And that's the good thing with a $12 knife.
      If it doesn't work out, get another one.

      Although I still have 2 SRM 710 blades laying around, maybe I should make fixed knives from them.

      Delete
  2. It's inspiring...I'm just starting to try some basic mods like dying scales and will do some acid etching soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, etching is fun, too. I'll add some pictures of my tries with steel knife scales and a copper shopping cart key. Next step, an etched copper nameplate, I'm not sure if I'll upload pictures though ;)

      Delete
    2. Sounds good, I look forward to seeing your etching work. Maybe you could add a Subscribe feature to the blog so we can get an email when you add new posts :)

      Delete
    3. Ahm, if I find out how to do that...

      There should be shopping links, too, I guess.

      Delete
    4. If you scroll down right on the main page you can press Subscribe to and you'll get your message :)

      Delete